httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: turn off STATUS posting (for a while)
Date Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:24:28 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > The developers can see STATUS in their own checked-out copies, so this
> > only impacts non-developers.
>
> We *do* occasionally glean relevant replies to these messages on new-httpd, but not enough
to make the noise worth it.

As one of the new guys on the block, here is a data point for how I use
the STATUS file: Typically, I just watch the CVS commits on the thing as
they flow past. Maybe once a month, I'll look at the autoposted STATUS
file to see the whole thing, and what I may have missed. I think it is
perfectly reasonable to replace the "review-the-autopost" step with
"review-the-CVS-version".

Cheers,
-g

--