httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:34:54 GMT
Hi all,

I am still battling with my compilation problem with Apache v1.3.9 under
Solaris v2.6. My compilation and installation all runs fine without a
hitch, but when I try run Apache I get this:

[8:22pm] root@infobase:~/apache-tmp/apache_1.3.9#
/opt/local/apache-test/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 204 of /opt/local/apache-test/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/local/apache-test/libexec/mod_env.so into server:
ld.so.1: /opt/local/apache-test/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/local/apache-test/libexec/mod_env.so: symbol ap_palloc: referenced
symbol not found
Exit 8

I have tried every combination of PATH I can possibly think of, I've
removed the /usr/local/bin directory completely so as to make sure I am
using the Sun tools, nothing I do to date has made any difference to
this problem.

Right now I am really desparate for a solution. What should I be
checking during my compilation?

Should I be using only GNU tools? Only gcc + sun tools? Can anyone
explain to me what the problem could be?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street