httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Problem with v1.3.9
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:34:59 GMT
Hi all,

I just unpacked and installed v1.3.9 on my Solaris v2.6 system. When I
tried to start Apache it did this:

[4:25pm] root@infobase:~/apache-tmp/apache_1.3.9#
/opt/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /opt/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/local/apache/libexec/ into server:
/opt/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/local/apache/libexec/ symbol ap_palloc: referenced
symbol not found
/opt/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
Exit 3

Doing a "make install" in the previous v1.3.8 directory returned the
server to a working state again.

Nothing in the build process indicates an error of any kind.

Is this an Apache problem or have I screwed up somewhere?

The configure went like this:

[4:19pm] root@infobase:~/apache-tmp/apache_1.3.9# ./configure
--prefix=/opt/local/apache --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 260 platform
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in src/support
Creating Makefile in src/os/unix
Creating Makefile in src/ap
Creating Makefile in src/main
Creating Makefile in src/lib/expat-lite
Creating Makefile in src/modules/standard
Creating Makefile in src/modules/proxy
7.56u 7.30s 1:12.96 20.3%

					over Bourbon Street

View raw message