httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Process abstraction in MPM
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:18:56 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > We want:
> >
> > - an API similar to NSPR's process creation API which allows you to
> >     specify:
> >     - the current dir for the new process
> >     - the initial fd set for the new process
> >     - the path & args
> >     - the environment
> >     - rlimits
> >
> >     which i think is pretty much what Ryan put in APR
> >
> > - wrappers which set up pipes
> >
> > - move all the !@#$ interpreter crap to os specific files
> >
> > Essentially all the callback stuff for post-fork should go away.
>
> ALL of this is in APR.  It's just waiting for permission to use APR in the
> 2.0 tree.  :)

I thought we'd agreed that, and the debate was simply about playing
games with CVS to make certain people happy? If that's the case, then
I'd say carry on and do it, and when people who want to play games with
CVS get around to doing it they'll have a bit more to do.

Certainly waiting while people argue about procedure and details is what
held up Apache 2.0 work for so long, so don't wait, get stuck in.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html