httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject IOL and send_fb
Date Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:32:12 GMT
There's this rather optimistic note in MPM that suggests we reimplement
send_fb (or, more particularly, send_fb_length). Snag is, it used to use
select(). Someone thinks it might now use poll(). But it can't really
use either, because of IOL. It also tries to use non-blocking I/O.
Again, IOL is a bit of a barrier. Does anyone have an ingenious plan
here, or is it simply a matter of extending IOL until this can work?
That is, does IOL have to support non-blocking IOLs and some kind of
IOLpoll?

Until this happens, CGI doesn't work, and that's a rather large hole in
MPM.

Of course, plan B is to implement CGI in some completely different
way...

Cheers,

Ben.

--