httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Environment Variables
Date Sun, 15 Aug 1999 18:17:37 GMT
One of the things I've noticed lately is a fatal flaw with CGIs, modules
and environment variables. The problem is that the story is "replace
your CGIs with modules" but ... other modules set environment variables,
and typically they do it in the "fixups" hook. Worse, the CGI module
doesn't do it unless you run a CGI! This means that when you write a
module, suddenly you don't get the env vars.

So, I was thinking, there really ought to be a "set env vars" hook, and
it ought to be called from the standard env var setting funcion
(ap_add_common_vars).

Thoughts? (this is a 2.0 proposal, natch).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html