httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:32:30 GMT
IMHO(WC), there are too many things tied together here.
There's the SERVER_VERSION, the release, and the revision
tag.  How about, when we're ready to do X.Y.Z:

0. int n = 1; go to review-then-commit;
1. Change the SERVER_VERSION to X.Y.Z;
2. Tag as APACHE_X_Y_Z_RCn;
3. Test;
[++n and repeat 2 & 3 until things are clean]
4. Release;
5. Tag as APACHE_X_Y_Z;
6. update SERVER_VERSION to X.Y.Z(+1)-dev;

That way we'll be able to use whichever is the final clean
tarball for our release without this messy SERVER_VERSION
frobbing in each iteration.  And no-one should be running
anything with a version of X.Y.Z except those who got it
after release, or testers who will hopefully know better
than to report a bug against it without upgrading. :-)

Just a thought off the top of my head.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>