httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite how-to-release.html
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:54:45 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> >      <HR>
> >   -  <STRONG>[ Building the source release ]</STRONG><BR>
> >   +  <B>[ Building the source release ]</B><BR>
>
> Is this the "new html style"? When I was young, I was taught that
> logical attributes should be used rather than physical ones. ;-)

Roy and Henrik have convinced me that font-based markup is
better in most cases than phrase-based.  The big eye-opener
for me was Roy pointing out that <strong> would result in
a speech synthesiser shouting at the user. :-D  Typically not
the desired effect..
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>