httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Slight problem with 1.3.8 for AIX
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:47:34 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> We forgot to add the new exported function names to
> src/support/httpd.exp. Shared modules on AIX don't build.
>
> I say we add them, retag and keep moving forward.

Added the exports and ran

./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache -enable-shared=max -enable-modules=most

and now I am seeing the following failure (using xlC).

   o digest_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
      (mod_auth_digest) using truerand library for the random seed
 + using -lld for vendor DSO support
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.

Not too many clues point to what failed, but it is related to the
auth_digest module. I don't see the problem if I add
--disable-module=auth_digest. Yack, could it be AIX does not have a
random number generator facility?

--
Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com