httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Aug 4 23:45:08 EDT 1999
Date Sun, 08 Aug 1999 12:07:16 GMT
Right, well it looks like we're almost there.  The big
problem was the Win32 compilation failure, and Randy
says he's fixed that.  Then there were the minor
compilation warnings, and they're about fixed.

Which leaves the question of the new mod_digest.
I'm +1 on putting it into src/modules/experimental
with a slightly modified name.  I'm also +1 on putting
it into src/modules/standard/mod_digest.c, replacing
the existing one, IFF we spend a little time compiling
it on the various platforms as we did in the last
36 hours.

So.. let's have some opinions.  Replace mod_digest and
wait while we test its compilability, or add it as
experimental and roll the tarball whether mod_digest+
compiles or not?

I'd personally rather do the former; having two mod_digests
sounds like a recipe for confusion.

Remember that whatever we do, the tarball is going to the
testers for a few days before we consider this final..
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>