httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Where to start the Apache 2.0 code base
Date Thu, 05 Aug 1999 22:54:07 GMT
"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:
> I know for a fact that this is
> the way it must be done if we are to support people doing software
> research on change analysis.

Hmmph.

a) why on Earth should we care about the ease of doing such research?
Hmm. I don't quite mean that. I mean: it isn't a goal of the Apache
project to support research on change analysis. You are proposing a
_huge_ amount of work for something we don't aim to support.

b) research done on such an artificial construct strikes me as
completely worthless. The _real_ changes have happened already. Redoing
them to make research easier will no doubt give a beautiful Popperesque
view of the process, bearing as little relationship to real life as
Popper does.

Cheers,

Feyerahbend.

--