httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Vogt ...@wlwonline.de>
Subject Re: small contrib
Date Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:36:52 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.lemuria.org/pub/Code/logbox.tar.gz
> >
> Does anyone _object_ to adding this in support ? Either for 1.3 or from
> 2.0 onwards ? (After perhaps a further update to the man page; to mention
> the hint which is in the C code:

no problem in adding that to the man page. to be honest, I didn't know
what to write on there, as the functionality seems to be pretty obvious
and straightforward to me. :)

> One reason I have for adding it is that it will allow us to put jet an
> other tick in the comparison tables between web servers; that of able
> to rotate log files on date out of the box.

the idea on that ford-mason.uk website also strikes me as good: this
should be done as a module. maybe by changing the default log mod. I had
a look into it's source, but frankly, I didn't understand much of it, or
I'd have gone to work immediatly.

> Note that the code as it stand is _not_ portable; I'd need to go over
> it to catch the O_CREAT and the likes. But ap_compat.h has the works.

if you can give me a short list of what I have to look for, I can do
that. the advantage this currently has for me is that by using none of
the apache includes, it compiles on its own.