httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kallen <spida...@salon.com>
Subject Re: duplicate access_log entries
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:18:00 GMT
Bug? I think this is an undocumented feature ;)

It's safest to put your vhost specific directives (logging, redirects,
and what not) in virtualhost stanzas and not in the "main" server
config. Make your "main" server a virtualhost and you'll get the
expected results; make a screwy mix of "main" directives and vhost
directives and you end up some oddball behaviors when they merge.

Perhaps an explanation in the docs to accompany the  @
http://www.apache.org/docs/sections.html that includes the interaction
with vhost's would be in good.  I'll volunteer myself to write it up,
um, after the conference. :)
-Ian

--
Salon Internet 				http://www.salon.com/
  HTTP mechanic, Perl diver, Mebwaster, Some of the above