httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: includes for DSO completeness
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:48:14 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >I think it's needless, and I certainly prefer a single header
> >file when possible rather than requiring authors to track down
> >which individual one they need.  The src/ap stuff is supposed
> >to be all available from the ap.h file.
>
> Really?  That's odd -- I've always preferred modules to be modular.

The problem with that approach is that you then have to hunt down
the fact that ap_validate_password is defined in ap_checkpass.h,
and then include it.

If you're suggesting that ap_checkpass.c's exports be defined in
ap_checkpass.h, and ap.h just #includes ap_checkpass.h.. then I'm
+1 on that.

Is that what you mean?
--
#ken    P-)}