httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_auth.c mod_auth_db.c mod_auth_dbm.c
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 22:31:19 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> I am struggling with the same now; moving a few base64 encoders into
> one ap_base64.c file.
>
> What is the cut-off point for moving all declarations into ap.h as
> opposed to adding a few individual ap_*.h file ?

AFAIK, all of the exported symbols in src/ap should be in the single
src/include/ap.h file.

> Or was the current ap_md5.h simply wrong to begin with ? And caused
> by its legacy start; as an import from elsewhere ?

It's a legacy issue that's on my list to fix.  No harm where it
is, but I was phasing in the changes and somehow never got to that
phase. :-)

> Seeing your change I kind of prefer the ap.h collation; but I wonder a
> bit, as the base64 and validate_passwd functions are only used in just
> one or two files. ap.h is not getting any smaller. Or is that a
> needless worry ?

I think it's needless, and I certainly prefer a single header
file when possible rather than requiring authors to track down
which individual one they need.  The src/ap stuff is supposed
to be all available from the ap.h file.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>