httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread mpmt_pthread.c
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 20:57:07 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Or, alternatively, lecture me about C style when you've learnt it
> > properly.
> Oh, bollocks.  Style guides exist primarily to maintain/enhance
> *readability*, not to defend anyone's personal preferences
> and shortcuts.

Oh for God's sake. The style guide says nothing about this construct. If
you don't like it, change it (either the code or the style guide,
bearing in mind that there is a process for the latter).

Next you'll be saying that it is a crime to write x-(a-b) instead of

P.S. If you want to argue the _correctness_ of the construct, name your
second and its K&Rs at dawn, sir! :-)

     - Indira Gandhi

View raw message