httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: release TAG
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 19:24:40 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Dear Ken, dear release manager,

:-)  1.3.7's a no-show, so we need a new RM for 1.3.8.  I
suspect no-one will let me near the job for a couple of
years, willingness notwithstanding. :->

> Can I do some commits (tenon stuff, SHA1 and cookie fixes) which
> should not immediately go into release?

We're in 1.3.8-dev now.  I guess the question we need to answer
is: "Do we just want to fix Ken's bogopatch in 1.3.7 in order
to create/release 1.3.8, or do we want to put in stuff we
didn't manage to get in before the 1.3.7 deadline and give
1.3.8 that much more featureful longevity whilst we work on
2.0?"

I don't have an answer, personally; I see value in both.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>