httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Wojtowicz <>
Subject Re: v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:24:28 GMT
At 12:45 PM 8/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:34 AM 8/25/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I guess theoretically gcc could have hard links somewhere,
>which wouldn't be affected by the mv.  But I really don't think
>thats the case.

Oops! Upon further inspection this is exactly the case.
When I moved /opt/gnu/bin/as, it didn't change the inode,
and the hardlink in the /opt/gnu/bin/sun-sparc-solaris-2.5.1
directory was unaffected.

I got a good compile and run, finally really using Sun as and Sun ld.

Yumm, crow tastes good! ;-)

Has anybody taken a deeper look at this problem?  I.e what exactly
isn't gnu ld producing correctly?  Any binutil fixes that correct this?

John Wojtowicz, Secure Systems Engr.  ph:    (703) 318-7134
Trusted Computer Solutions, Inc.      fax:   (703) 318-5041
13873 Park Center Rd. Suite 225       email:
Herndon, VA  20171

View raw message