httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Wojtowicz <wojto...@tcs-sec.com>
Subject Re: v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:45:21 GMT
At 09:34 AM 8/25/99 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> Aaaaargh!
>>
>> The error is occuring when Apache tries to load it's DSO's, not when
>> Apache originally starts up. Is there something weird on Solaris v2.6
>> that would cause this?
>
>I'm still thinking damanged shared libraries.  It would be rare, but
>possible.
>
>I would "chmod 000" gas and any ld program.  Modifying your path might not
>be enough.  GCC can be compiled to still look for the GNU tools and prefer
>them.  Make sure they can't run. :)

Been there done that bought the T-shirt!

I did a mv /opt/gnu/bin/as /opt/gnu/bin/as.gnu, and a
mv /opt/gnu/bin/ld /opt/gnu/bin/ld.gnu.

I guess theoretically gcc could have hard links somewhere,
which wouldn't be affected by the mv.  But I really don't think
thats the case.

My bets on ld.so.1 having problems on Solaris 2.6 and Trusted Solaris 2.5.1.

My test case loads the shared object just fine unless, there's a undefined
symbol reference in the shared object that is defined in the main program
that's loading the object.

Plus there's a huge patch for the runtime linker on 2.6 on sunsolve.
After I get a 2.6 system built, I'm going do some tests with this patch.

John Wojtowicz

--
John Wojtowicz, Secure Systems Engr.  ph:    (703) 318-7134
Trusted Computer Solutions, Inc.      fax:   (703) 318-5041