httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Wojtowicz <wojto...@tcs-sec.com>
Subject Re: v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:34:31 GMT
At 04:28 PM 8/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Cliff Skolnick wrote:
>
>GCC came from sunfreeware.com and worked perfectly until very recently
>when this problem started.
>>
>I am assuming the sun assembler and sun linker are as and ld
>respectively in /usr/ccs/bin? I have removed /opt/local/bin from the
>path, /usr/ucb/bin has never been in the path. It's made no difference.
>>
>Already using this.
>
>I'm looking for a permanent solution, I already have another Solaris
>v2.6 system where things still work which I can use to kludge a solution
>in the meantime.
>
>Aaaaargh!
>
>The error is occuring when Apache tries to load it's DSO's, not when
>Apache originally starts up. Is there something weird on Solaris v2.6
>that would cause this?

This doesn't appear to be only apache, and it also doesn't appear to
be the GNU linker or GNU assembler.  I've compiled a non complicated
test case.   Whenever the shared library references a symbol in the
main program the runtime linker complains of not being able to find
that symbol to relocate it.

This FEELS more like a problem with the 2.6 runtime linker.  BTW
I did verify that Trusted Solaris 2.5.1 does use a modified version
of the Solaris 2.6 linker.

John Wojtowicz

--
John Wojtowicz, Secure Systems Engr.  ph:    (703) 318-7134
Trusted Computer Solutions, Inc.      fax:   (703) 318-5041