httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Wojtowicz <wojto...@tcs-sec.com>
Subject Re: v1.3.9 - runtime problem under Solaris v2.6
Date Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:45:05 GMT
At 06:02 PM 8/24/99 +0200, you wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:
>
>> Should I be using only GNU tools? Only gcc + sun tools? Can anyone
>> explain to me what the problem could be?
>
>On solaris, either pure sun, and sun only, or GCC with sun assembler and
>linker. You can force the latter with the -B flag. Or else make sure
>/usr/ccs/bin is _before_ /usr/ucb.

This is odd because I'm running into an identical problem with
Trusted Solaris 2.5.1, which is rumoured to have a Solaris 2.6
based runtime linker.  I've tried compiling with GNU as and GNU ld,
and with Sun as and Sun ld and I still run into the problem.
It could be "Just another Trusted Operating System problem".
I am using egcs-2.91.66, which also may very well be my problem.
Dunno.

Sorry for beating a dead horse...

John

--
John Wojtowicz, Secure Systems Engr.  ph:    (703) 318-7134
Trusted Computer Solutions, Inc.      fax:   (703) 318-5041