httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 configure
Date Sun, 29 Aug 1999 19:17:45 GMT

In article <37C96748.B812E092@Golux.Com> you wrote:
> rse@hyperreal.org wrote:
>>
>> rse         99/08/29 03:43:13
>>
>>   Modified:    src      CHANGES
>>                .        configure
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense for all this APACI effort to go
> into the real autoconf stuff rather than the auatoconf-lookalike-
> because-we-don't-want-to-do-autoconf-in-1.3 files?

I've currently no personal opinion on this, I've to admit. Although
I would appreciate an Autoconf environment for Apache 2.0, I know
that I would be happy only with a really good and clean one and that
I personally cannot do it these months myself because of time (that
requires more time than hacking in a few features like what I do here).
So I don't fool myself and instead integrate a few features into good
old APACI to make life a little bit easier in the meantime. Actually the
config.option stuff can be trivially ported to Autoconf, of course (for
instance that's what I did two days ago for Pth 1.2b0 ;) Be sure, I'll
certainly not direct any more real efforts into APACI itself...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com