httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.9 pre-release tarball available for testing
Date Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:12:09 GMT

In article <19990817133502.A5230@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 03:08:23PM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>
>> Please test this release tarball and send details of any serious
>> problems you encounter to <apache-bugs@Apache.Org>.
>>

> +1 (compile & run) for
>   i386-siemens-sysv4
>   mips-siemens-sysv4
>   bs2000-siemens-sysv4 (EBCDIC)

I've today upgraded mod_ssl for Apache 1.3.9 and it ran fine for both HTTP and
HTTPS. No problems occurred after a average testing perdiod.

> But......
> Have a look at the apache_1.3.9/Announcement file : it spells out
> __version 1.3.6__ all over the place!
>
> I'd say, re-package with an updated Announcement. No reason for re-doing
> anything else.

Hmmm.... this should not harm, I think. It's a little bit inconsistent, yes.
But it's not worth rerolling the baby, isn't it? At least we had this already
once in the past ;)
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com