httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache 1.3.8 pre-release tarball available for testing]
Date Fri, 13 Aug 1999 06:15:53 GMT

In article <37B3491C.46290713@Golux.Com> you wrote:
> Randy Terbush wrote:
>>
>> I don't get much out of his email. What has transpired?
>
> It looks like a plain "./configure" with no module-selection
> options is dragging in mod_auth_digest -- and the compilation
> test is failing because he doesn't have truerand.  If he includes
> '--enable-module=most' it gets past that.

No, I cannot repeat this. When I run "./configure" without
options mod_auth_digest is NOT enabled for me:

rse@en1:/e/apache/SRC/apache-1.3
:> ./configure
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9-dev
 + Warning: Configuring Apache with default settings.
 + This is probably not what you really want.
 + Please read the README.configure and INSTALL files
 + first or at least run './configure --help' for
 + a compact summary of available options.
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 3.1 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in src/support
Creating Makefile in src/os/unix
Creating Makefile in src/ap
Creating Makefile in src/main
Creating Makefile in src/lib/expat-lite
Creating Makefile in src/modules/standard
rse@en1:/e/apache/SRC/apache-1.3
:> grep mod_auth_digest src/Configuration.apaci
#  Note: this rule is only used when compiling mod_auth_digest.
#  mod_auth_digest requires a cryptographically strong random seed for its
# AddModule modules/experimental/mod_auth_digest.o
rse@en1:/e/apache/SRC/apache-1.3
:>
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com