httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 configure
Date Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:24:23 GMT
On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 08:39:48PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >    for var in CC CPP OPTIM CFLAGS CFLAGS_SHLIB LDFLAGS LD_SHLIB LDFLAGS_SHLIB \
> >   -           LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT LIBS INCLUDES RANLIB DEPS TARGET; do
> >   +           LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT LIBS DBM_LIB INCLUDES RANLIB DEPS TARGET; do
>
> Errr.. hmmm.... The list of variables should match the ones in
> src/Configuration.tmpl. And then you should change both for loops in configure
> where we iterate over variables.  So, either back this out or add DBM_LIB also
> to the other loop _and_ src/Configuration.tmpl, Martin.

I think you misunderstand the problem. DBM_LIB is used by one of our
helpers scripts. But it is outside of the range of control of configure.
If it is set, it helps helpers/find-dbm-lib locate the dbm lib.
But it should neither be stored in any Makefile, nor in the generated
Configuration.apaci. It should only be in the environment the next time you
try to re-do the same configuration (i.e., config.status).

But it's allright. I'll back it out.

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products