httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm README.rse
Date Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:21:06 GMT

>      Some quick tests with the dexter MPM and both GNU Pth and FreeBSD uthread
>   -  showed the following not too bad results with ApacheBench:
>   +  showed the not too bad results with ApacheBench under the following config:
>   +
>   +  NumServers           1
>   +  StartThreads        32
>   +  MinSpareThreads     32
>   +  MaxSpareThreads     32
>   +  MaxThreadsPerChild  32
>   +  MaxRequestsPerChild  0
>   +
>   +  With more processes the results are not such good. Then both user space
>   +  threading libs get only up to 400-500 req/sec. The reason seem to be the
>   +  unserialized acccept problem.

Does it make sense to set MinSpareThreads to the same value as MaxSpareThreads?
I thought that would cause unneccessary housekeeping on light load
changes. There ought to be a "hysteresis" to allow for load changes
without having to create/destroy threads all the time.

Or am I completely wrong?

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products