httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Get Apache/pthread running... ;)
Date Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:36:07 GMT

Ok, done: After fiddling around a lot the last days with Apache/pthread (and
finding the subltle locking problem I mentioned) I got it running with both
FreeBSD uthread and GNU Pth. I've also written a stand-alone poll(2) emulation
library for those platforms which lack poll(2) [because APR is still not
used].  This way people should be now able to get a multithreaded Apache
running also under other (non-Linux and non-AIX) Unix platforms, too.  For
details update your checked out apache-apr/ tree and start reading in
apache-apr/pthread/README.rse.

Next when I find some time beside learning for my diploma thesis I'll try to
get Apache/MPM-dexter running the same way... with my now done work done for
Apache/pthread it shouldn't be too hard.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com