httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PHP-DEV] More on the error under FreeBSD 2.2.8/A-1.3.8/PHP3.0.12
Date Thu, 12 Aug 1999 01:34:43 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> That would certainly make my job easier.  Although I can just wrap an MMN
> check around it.

The more I look, I don't think MMN was bumped. It _is_ an API
change, and I'm guessing that it's likely other modules use
it. Of course, the use of ap_puuencode is more consistant with
other pool-related functions... Tough call. I think it's something
that Apache should address though, even if it's just some
more detailed docs about the API change.

My preference: ap_uuencode -> ap_uuencode_base64 (or whatever)
               ap_puuencode -> ap_uuencode (back to how it was)