httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die." <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject module ordering in Configuration.tmpl
Date Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:57:54 GMT

Hmmm:
> revision 1.120
> date: 1999/08/09 06:25:24;  author: fielding;  state: Exp;  lines: +13 -12
> Move mod_auth_digest to where it makes sense.  If there is a problem
> with the ordering here, then we should move all the auth modules and
> not just the latest one.

Unfortunately there is a problem: mod_auth_digest must be listed
*before* libproxy because because the WWW-Authenticate and
Proxy-Authenticate headers are parsed in the post-read-request phase
and it needs to know if this is a proxy request or not. With the
current ordering, using Digest auth in a proxy setting will fail
miserably.

Is there any problem with moving any other auth module up (i.e. have
them all do their processing *after* mod_proxy)?

  Cheers,

  Ronald