httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache/pthread and locking problem
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:28:05 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9908111055040.29478-100000@chosondo.raleigh.ibm.com> you wrote:

> This is an issue.  No doubt about it.  I do not believe this was ever
> tried in a user-land thread environment.

Yeah, that's also what I had to conclude, too :-( And if it was ever tried
with a user-space threading environment, then only in -X mode, I think.

> The easy solution is to remove
> the locks like you did for now.  This will cause any system with a
> thundering herd problem to go a bit slower, but the code will still work.

Ok, but I cannot see a clean way to disable the accept locks in
Apache-mpm-dexter. Seems like one has to really comment out the
accept_mutex_on/off calls or we've to add a nop-variant to acceptlock.c,
right?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com