httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:51:44 GMT
> > Give the release canditate's -0, -1, -2 sort-a sequence numbers. They are
> > candidates, nothing more.
> >
> > That gets around the entire labeling exersise. I really dislike just
> > ditching a 1.3.x entirely because we find a fault in a procedure which is
> > designed to find.. faults.
> >

> There was some discussion about this before, calling the tarball
> something like 1.3.x-fc1, or whatever, do avoid just this concern.
> It's closer to what's done in that nasty "outside world" area.
> The problem is that we tag before we submit the tarball to a full-
> blown "universal" test, and so if any problems are discovered, well,
> then the tag gets in the way.

I may be speaking out of school, and PLEASE correct me if I am off base,
but could you not "tag" the repository with the 1.3.X-N, then if any
problems crop up ... retag with -N+1 and keep going?  Then, once you
all are satisfied with a particular -N version ... retag as 1.3.X and
release that?

Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.  Buy the negatives at any
price.

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}