httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:31:38 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Give the release canditate's -0, -1, -2 sort-a sequence numbers. They are
> candidates, nothing more.
>
> That gets around the entire labeling exersise. I really dislike just
> ditching a 1.3.x entirely because we find a fault in a procedure which is
> designed to find.. faults.

There was some discussion about this before, calling the tarball
something like 1.3.x-fc1, or whatever, do avoid just this concern.
It's closer to what's done in that nasty "outside world" area.
The problem is that we tag before we submit the tarball to a full-
blown "universal" test, and so if any problems are discovered, well,
then the tag gets in the way.