httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Apache/pthread and locking problem
Date Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:52:18 GMT

The last days I've played a little bit with the apache-pthread stuff and got
it running under FreeBSD with the vendor pthread library (uthread) after
linking in my poll(2) emulation library which is based on select(2). But I got
it running only in standalone-mode (-X). There the beast works fine.  But in
standard mode (not -X) I see some sort of locking problem. The connection is
accepted and then it blocks forever. Interesting is that when I drop the
connection and once the same child gets another request it seems to unblock
and process something (at least ktrace shows then the request body).

So, was someone able to run this beast under any non-AIX platform?  Can
someone of the apache-pthread guys check the locking stuff?  I think there is
a bug. I think this especially, because exactly the same problem also exists
when I use a completely different pthread library (I used Pth and PMP).

Has anybody a clue where I should look or do I have to debug it deeper?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com