httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Aug 4 23:45:08 EDT 1999
Date Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:16:08 GMT
On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 10:58:08AM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> I like that; leave the existing module as it stands, and put
> the new one into src/modules/experimental/mod_auth_digest.c.
> After making it at least generally compilable (if it isn't
> yet).

People will still get confused with the two slightly different module
names. If it's really true that the current mod_digest is
incompatible with all the well-known browsers, then I'd agree with
putting the new mod_auth_digest in src/modules/experimental, but I'd
rather remove the current mod_digest. Maybe we can put it in contrib
or some other location on www.apache.org and add a reference to it in
the tarball.