httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject RE: general/4809: It would be nice if Apache could write compressed logfiles.
Date Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:28:02 GMT
> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > > I too see the benefit of compressing the log files directly rather
> > > than the pipe option.
> >
> > I see compression and (whether write to a file or a pipe) as independent
> > options.
>
> "Those who don't understand unix are doomed to re-invent it."
>
> whose quote is that?

		-- Henry Spencer

Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

The Great Bald Swamp Hedgehog:
	The Gerat Bald Swamp Hedgehog of Billericay displays, in
courtship, his single prickle and does impressions of Holiday Inn desk
clerks.  Since this means him standing motionless for enormous periods
of time he is often eaten in full display by The Great Bald Swamp
Hedgehog Eater.
		-- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}