httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: That shtools discussion
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 17:35:46 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> Unfortunately, sometimes it reduces to the
> impression that it's Jim against Ralf or Biff vs. Terence
> instead of it being 2 (or more) groups of thought.
> [...]

That's no problem, Jim. At least not as long as the arguments are kept
technical and the discussion doesn't drift into a general blaming (that's why
stopped from my side after Ben blamed me for things I already explained to be
different; although I really wanted to defend myself -- but I decided its more
wise to not defend me ;)

> I certainly did not want to imply anything against shtool or Ralf
> in the discussion.

I've not treated it this way from you, Jim. I've accepted that you've some
non-technical concerns (even I cannot share them) and that's ok as long as you
don't try to convince others from your shtool-opinion with the crowbar ;) I
know that I'm usually very hot-tempered when it comes to my work, but as long
as I don't get blamed in advance and at least get a chance to bring in my
stuff, you don't have to worry about this. I just dislike it when technical
points are inter-mixed with non-technical ones and at the end one is blamed in
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message