httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Get rid of child_num, thread_num in MPM's conn_rec?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 00:20:59 GMT
On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 05:02:01PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> As to putting scoreboard functionality into mpm ... I'm really torn --
> because the 1.3 scoreboard is not only intimately related to the process
> model, it's also intimately related to the protocol being served.  Whereas
> mpm abstracts both of those.
>
> Handling the multiple process models isn't so bad with a
> get_first/get_next interface like I suggested a while back.
>
> Handling arbitrary protocols... yuck.

We're probably stepping into problems that the network/server
management gurus have already solved with SNMP, etc., but I know
absolutely nothing about that.

Each protocol module could have an interface to list table columns,
per connection. Each MPM could have an interface to give out
connection IDs. mod_status_TNG could then get connection IDs and then
request ithe table row for each connection ID from the protocol
module.

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly.  It should be thrown with
great force." -- Dorothy Parker