httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Logging in apache-mpm
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 20:00:53 GMT
On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 03:17:24PM -0400, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 06:45:58AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > Did you ever find why the access log entries were being put into the
> > error_log?
>
> Not yet. In fact, my testing has been with logging turned off. But I tried
> using TransferLog with both the dexter and pthread MPMs, and got a SIGSEGV:

Found the problem. For some reason, the old ap_open_logs calls were
still in the pthread and dexter MPMs. I removed all operations on plog
(ap_clear_pool and ap_open_logs) and logging works well now, and it
logs to the correct file too. What a bonus! I'm guessing that this
will fix your problem in the BeOS MPM, David.

BTW, is there still any reason to pass plog to ap_mpm_run or
the pre_config hook?

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development