httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject That shtools discussion
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:12:11 GMT
First of all, let me be the first to admit that I have some strong
opinions. I think that pretty much goes without saying :) but
I realize that. However, I've always felt that my opinions are
based on what's best for Apache. Also, AFAIK, I've never let
my opinions block what the rest of AG has wanted to do. Sometimes,
because maybe I'm a bit more vocal, it appears that I'm the only
one to feel a certain way. For example, during the shtool debate
I got the impression that Ralf thought it was "just me" and said
a few things like "OK Jim, I can't change your opinion so we'll
just let it go". This implies that I'm being some solitary stick
in the mud, which isn't the case. I think, as with most things,
some people agree with me (and have said so), other don't, and others
couldn't care less :) Unfortunately, sometimes it reduces to the
impression that it's Jim against Ralf or Biff vs. Terence
instead of it being 2 (or more) groups of thought.

I certainly did not want to imply anything against shtool or Ralf
in the discussion.