httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@staff.texas.net>
Subject duplicate access_log entries
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 23:51:06 GMT
I have a testbed apache server where I am testing out some different
things that my company is going to start supporting.  (I won't
mention what as it has something to do with M$--but anyway...)  I
setup several named virtual hosts and I noticed that the access_log
lines were being written twice.  I untarred 1.3.6 completely and rebuilt
Apache from scratch and it still does the same thing.  Then I started to
look and see if this had been a bug fixed in the up-and-coming 1.3.7 turned
1.3.8.  I could find nothing of the sort so I dug further.

The virtual host definitions do not have their own access_log definitions;
however I have found that if I do define an access_log in the virtualhost
definition the entries are written to that file with only 1 entry per hit--
versus the 2 entries.  I've not had time to sit down and figure this one
out, nor am I probably going to as it doesn't directly affect any of my
live servers.

Thought you guys might like to know this if this is not a "known" bug (
or a "fixed" bug at that).

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy