httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 15:58:14 GMT

In article <37A46956.BACB866D@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:
> "Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> [...]
> Hmm. So what you are saying is that you took ASF scripts, bundled them
> together and relicensed them as a GNU tool. Isn't that a breach of the
> licence?

Ben, please stop this: I've more than once said clearly that GNU shtool is not
a bundling of ASF code and when you would not always just try to blame my
person you would recognize this! From where do you think half of src/helpers/
came from?  From RSE and so I've not bundled ASF code when I created GNU
shtool out of my master scripts I've partly already written years before. Only
sh.guessos is derived from "ASF code" and a few lines in shtool's sh.path were
inspired by Jim's PrintPath. So _PLEASE_ stop to blaming me for things I've
not done. We wanted to discuss _TECHNICAL_ reasons why Jim don't wants to use
shtool and not again start the old politics.

> And now you are suggesting we should take our own code back under a
> licence we don't use because using our own code under our own licence is
> "reinventing the wheel". Somehow I feel like I've suddenly landed on an
> alien planet.

Oh Ben, oh Ben... I don't know what makes you thinking such strongly that the
ingredients of GNU shtool is ASF code, but at least from your words I really
know why I'm still have great problems to feel like a real part of the ASF and
why I don't work on Apache 2.0...  :-( It no longer is fun to always get
blamed this way. I've talked to _Jim_ about _his_ reasons and instead _you_
blame me. Seems like your reply was just fun for you, because you generally
like it to blame RSE. Please don't do this. I'm not your personal punchball.

Hmmmmm...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com