httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 14:17:42 GMT

In article <37A453EE.67E7B0F4@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:

> [..]
> Yeah, well, I tried to install libtool on an old machine, too, and not
> only did I have these problems, but in the end it didn't work anyway. I
> did try to debug it, but it has to be the least maintainable package I
> have ever had the displeasure to dirty my hands with. Bar none.

That's interesting. Does it mean also that some of the libraries which use
libtool failed for you, too? I mean that you perhaps had problems with
installing libtool as a stand-alone package, I doubt. Obviously there are a
few bugs. But you really mean that the ltmain.sh and ltconfig scripts in a
package's source tree failed for you? I've to admit that I never have seen
such a failure and I do lots of libtool-based test compiles on all Unix
flavors I've access to. At least things like a buffer overflow with old
/bin/sh I consider a problem of those really old platforms and not really a
failure of libtool.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com