httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2000, err Apache 2.0 gets real
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 14:21:09 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> > [...]
> >      and (2) many of the changes that have been made don't get
> >      addressed by 'autoconf' anyway.
>
> Can you give an example from our config stuff which you think we can't easily
> do with Autoconf?

At first blush, the current ConfigStart/ConfigEnd setup. And it's not
that we can't "easily" do this with autoconf (although automake
does help here) it's just that it involves custom scripting, same
as we have now. So it's not that we can't do it with autoconf,
it's just that it doesn't, all by itself, help. :)

That's enough for today, I think. No need to start this all
over again :) :)