httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Harris" <dhar...@drh.net>
Subject RE: [patch] make ap_bytes_in_pool return bytes allocated
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 19:13:43 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size [Ken.Coar@Golux.Com] wrote:
> This is changing the behaviour of an existing function.  There may
> be portions of the code that depend upon the current behaviour,
> so this is out (for 1.3, at least).  A new function such as
> ap_pool_usage() that does this would probably be the better approach.

I've attached a new patch that does exactly this: it creates a new function
named ap_pool_usage() that returns the bytes allocated from the pool and
ap_bytes_in_pool() is left alone.

I just did a quick build, and I've verified that this patch works when applied
to apache_1.3.6.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services