httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Harris" <>
Subject want a suexec on/off or location patch?
Date Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:25:28 GMT

I've got a patch that creates a new directive called "Suexec" which takes an
on/off argument. This simply tells Apache to use suexec or not.. this way I can
have the same binary be used for multiple servers, some of which use suexec and
others which don't. If the user requests suexec on, and the suexec binary is
not available, it throws an error. This is also nice for people who don't have
multiple servers like me, because if the suexec binary is destroyed for some
reason, their server will now balk instead of silently running without suexec.

I ask if you want the patch only because it's a subset of a larger patch and
I'd have to do some work to dig it out.

Since I've already got my head around the suexec detection code, I could also
easily enough toss together a "SuexecLocation" directive that would accept the
path of the suexec binary, so that relocatable suexec binary builds could work.
This problem was discussed in a recent thread.

Should I go ahead and do this?

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services

View raw message