httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Brown" <abr...@guiworks.com>
Subject RE: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:18:13 GMT
Beta releases are for testing to get the major bugs out in a new version.
Release candidates are just the general check off before it gets released.
Just to make sure there are no bugs left in the system.  Generally there
should be only one RC if the betas got all the bugs.

It should go beta1, beta2, ..., betaN, RC1 then Final Release.

But it's all just semantics, it's the same process/idea as mysql's alpha,
beta, then gamma naming scheme.

-Al

abrown@guiworks.com
E-grail - http://www.egrail.com/