httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Randy Terbush" <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: 1.3.8: One more bug...
Date Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:27:32 GMT

I think that the tagging operation should be postponed until the
release version is made to httpd.h.

I also think that there needs to be a lock put on the repository when
we have frozen. A physical lock. Not an implied one.

>
> Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> >
> > Give the release canditate's -0, -1, -2 sort-a sequence
> numbers. They are
> > candidates, nothing more.
> >
> > That gets around the entire labeling exersise. I really
> dislike just
> > ditching a 1.3.x entirely because we find a fault in a
> procedure which is
> > designed to find.. faults.
> >
>
> There was some discussion about this before, calling the tarball
> something like 1.3.x-fc1, or whatever, do avoid just this concern.
> It's closer to what's done in that nasty "outside world" area.
> The problem is that we tag before we submit the tarball to a full-
> blown "universal" test, and so if any problems are discovered, well,
> then the tag gets in the way.
>
> --
> ============================================================
> ===============
>    Jim Jagielski   |||   jim@jaguNET.com   |||
http://www.jaguNET.com/
            "That's no ordinary rabbit... that's the most foul,
            cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever laid eyes on"


Mime
View raw message