httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Harris" <dhar...@drh.net>
Subject [patch] make does not propagate src/support errors
Date Sun, 15 Aug 1999 05:33:49 GMT

I've run into a problem where build errors caught in the src/support/Makefile
do not properly stop the top level Makefile from continuing and reporting a
successful build. This is because the return value from calling make for
src/support is not being properly checked. Attached is a patch to fix this.
Then I discovered other places in the Makefile that appear to have the same
problem, so I've attached a separate patch for them.

apache_1.3.6_makefile_error1.patch = fix for src/support error passing
apache_1.3.6_makefile_error2.patch = fix for other suspected error passing
problems

If this is on track, I can go looking through the other Makefile.tmpl's looking
for the same problem. But I'll hold off on doing that until I hear something.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services