httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread mpmt_pthread.c
Date Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:32:00 GMT
> Phooey. If you think working out what "not not" means is mental
> gymnastics, its obviously time you stopped wanking.
>
> Imposing your preferred style on people without due process is
> incredibly lame. I hate comparing to NULL. NULL is FALSE. Everyone knows
> that (everyone with a clue, that is).

!!getenv() is not something you see every day and thus even clueful people
will have to look twice.  Heck, someone might even assume it is a typo and
yank the second ! there.  Given the fact that comparing to NULL should
cause the compilers to produce the same code I don't see what is so bad
about being verbose and perfectly explicit here.  It is a bit more typing,
but it would allow even clueless people to read the code more easily.  ie.
it would let me play too.

-Rasmus