httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/apr config.guess config.sub Makefile.in configure.in
Date Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:23:40 GMT
> Okay.  I'm learning autoconf through mod-php, MM, and info, so I just
> grabbed them from mod-php.  I'll update them today.

Whoa...  You should have told me that you were using mod_php as a model.
That is not necessarily a good thing to do.  I know in your APR stuff you
don't have a crucial need for automake/libtool features, but an
Apache-wide configuration implementation does need these so you would
probably be better off using some packages that use
automake/libtool/autoconf in conjunction as a model.  Things change a bit
in an automake scenario.  The biggest change being that configure.in is
generated from individual m4 files.  This means that instead of having
a single configure.in file that has to figure everything out, each
module, or extension, or however you want to chop things up, can have
its own set of rules specific to it.  The PHP4 configuration mechanism
would be a place to start looking, although it isn't complete yet.

-Rasmus